Argentina Wine Guide – Screenshots
Argentina Wine Guide – Description
Wine guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides take an in-depth look at a wine region’s grapes, appellations and vintages to help you discover wines that meet your preferences.
The wines of South America continue to garner global momentum, fueled by ongoing quality improvements and continued attractive price points. As part of our series dedicated to South America, we take a comprehensive look at the wines of Argentina. This Approach Guide is designed as a quick-reference resource for wine enthusiasts seeking to understand what makes Argentina’s wines unique and make informed choices.
What’s in this guidebook
- Grape varieties. We describe Argentina’s primary red and white grape varieties, including the country’s signature malbec and torrontés. For each grape, we touch on its unique character in Argentina and the areas in which it reaches its highest expression.
- Vintage ratings. Our straightforward vintage ratings table affords high-level insight into the best and most challenging years for wine production in Argentina.
- A region-by-region review. Our detailed profiles of Argentina’s wine-producing regions — Catamarca, Salta, Mendoza, La Rioja, San Juan, Neuquén, Rio Negro — reveal the prevailing terroir, the types of wine produced, and what makes them distinctive.
- Recommendations. To help in your selection process, we have marked our favorite grape varieties and regions with asterisks (*) — look for this indication as a sign of quality, consistency and good value.
- A distinctive approach. This guidebook’s approach is unique: rather than tell you what specific bottle of wine to order by providing individual bottle reviews, it gives you the information you require to make informed wine choices on any list.
- Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; trademark features of grapes and denominations are front and center.
PUBLISHER’S NOTE: One of the benefits of Approach Guides is that we can easily update content and release new editions of our guidebooks. These updates are FREE for existing customers.
Get the Approach Guides wine app
The app loved by wine professionals, Approach Guides’ iPhone and iPad wine app offers insightful profiles of wine regions, appellations, grape varieties, and vintages, helping you learn more about wine.
With Approach Guides, you will discover new wines to try, find food pairings, record your own tasting notes, and mark your favorite wines.