Australia Wine Guide – Screenshots
Australia Wine Guide – Description
Wine guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides take an in-depth look at a wine region’s grapes, appellations and vintages to help you discover wines that meet your preferences.
The breadth and depth of Australia’s wine landscape is simply astonishing. Wine production is spread out across six massive regions that run along the southern edge of the country, each with myriad terroirs that serve to give their wines singular expressions. This Approach Guide is designed as a quick-reference resource for wine enthusiasts seeking to understand what makes these wines unique and make informed choices.
What’s in this guidebook
- Grape varieties. We describe Australia’s primary red and white grape varieties. For each grape, we touch on its unique character in Australia and the areas in which it reaches its highest expression.
- Vintage ratings. Our straightforward vintage ratings table affords high-level insight into the best and most challenging years for wine production in Australia.
- A region-by-region review. Our detailed profiles of Australia’s wine-producing regions — New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and Western Australia — reveal the prevailing terroir, the types of wine produced, and what makes them distinctive.
- Recommendations. To help in your selection process, we have marked our favorite grape varieties and regions with asterisks (*) — look for this indication as a sign of quality, consistency and good value.
- A distinctive approach. This guidebook’s approach is unique: rather than tell you what specific bottle of wine to order by providing individual bottle reviews, it gives you the information you require to make informed wine choices on any list.
- Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; trademark features of grapes and denominations are front and center.
PUBLISHER’S NOTE: One of the benefits of eBooks is that we can easily update content and release new editions of our guidebooks. These updates are FREE for existing customers. Please visit for a list of recently updated guides and instructions on downloading the new version to your device.
Choose your next bottle of wine smartly and confidently with AG Wine, Approach Guides’ iPhone & iPad App. We offer insightful profiles of regions, appellations, grape varieties, and vintages, helping you navigate any wine list or shop with ease .
Best of all, the app never requires an internet connection (all of the information is resident in the app), so you never have to worry about expensive data roaming charges.
Publication date : April 2012 (version 1.1)
Length : 64 pages
Also available: On-the-go wine information available through our highly rated wine app for the iPhone and iPad. Download on iTunes today!