Bordeaux: French Wine Guide - Screenshots
Bordeaux: French Wine Guide – Description
Wine guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides take an in depth look at a wine region’s grapes, appellations, and vintages to help you discover wines that meet your preferences.The purpose of this guide is to profile the unique aspects of Bordeaux’s appellations and grape varieties; this guide does not profile specific producers or rate individual wines.
Located in southwest France and pierced through its center by the Gironde river, Bordeaux is probably France’s, if the world’s, most famous wine-producing region. This Approach Guide is designed as a quick-reference resource for wine enthusiasts seeking to understand what makes Bordeaux’s wines unique and make informed choices.
What’s in this guidebook
- Grape varieties. We describe the primary red and white grape varieties in Bordeaux’s famous blends and where they reach their highest expressions.
- Vintage ratings. We offer a straightforward vintage ratings table, which affords high-level insight into the best and most challenging years for wine production in Bordeaux.
- A Bordeaux wine label. We explain what to look for on a Bordeaux wine label and what it tells you about what’s in the bottle. In doing so, we provide background on Bordeaux’s appellation system and its producer classifications.
- Map and appellation profiles. Leveraging our map of the region, we provide detailed profiles of each of Bordeaux’s appellations. For each appellation, this guide describes the prevailing terroir, the types of wine produced, and what makes them distinctive.
- Recommendations. We mark our favorite appellations with asterisks (*) — our selections have a record for providing quality, consistency, and good values.
We hope you enjoy what we believe is a totally unique guide to the wines of Bordeaux.
PUBLISHER’S NOTE: One of the benefits of eBooks is that we can easily update content and release new editions of our guidebooks. These updates are FREE for existing customers. Please visit for a list of recently updated guides and instructions on downloading the new version to your device.
Choose your next bottle of wine smartly and confidently with AG Wine, Approach Guides’ iPhone & iPad App. We offer insightful profiles of regions, appellations, grape varieties, and vintages, helping you navigate any wine list or shop with ease .
Best of all, the app never requires an internet connection (all of the information is resident in the app), so you never have to worry about expensive data roaming charges.
Publication date : May 2013 (version 1.0)
Length : 100 pages
Also available: On-the-go wine information available through our highly rated wine app for the iPhone and iPad. Download on iTunes today!