Loire Valley: French Wine Guide – Screenshots
Loire Valley: French Wine Guide – Description
Wine guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides takes an in depth look at a wine region’s grapes, appellations, and vintages to help you discover wines that meet your preferences.
The Loire Valley — featuring a compelling line-up of distinctive grape varieties, high quality winemaking and large production volumes — is home to some of France’s most impressive wines. Nevertheless, it remains largely overlooked by the international wine drinking public. This makes the region a treasure trove of exceptional values, just waiting to be discovered.
What’s in this guidebook
- Grape varieties. We describe the Loire’s primary red and white grape varieties and where they reach their highest expressions.
- Vintage ratings. We offer a straightforward vintage ratings table, which affords high-level insight into the best and most challenging years for wine production.
- A Loire Valley wine label. We explain what to look for on a Loire Valley wine label and what it tells you about what’s in the bottle.
- Map and appellation profiles. Leveraging our map of the region, we provide detailed profiles of appellations from all five of the Loire’s sub-regions (running from west to east): Pays Nantais, Anjou, Saumur, Touraine and Central Vineyards. For each appellation, we describe the prevailing terroir, the types of wine produced and what makes them distinctive.
- A distinctive approach. This guidebook’s approach is unique: rather than tell you what specific bottle of wine to order by providing individual bottle reviews, it gives the information you need to make informed wine choices on any list.
- Recommendations. We mark our favorite appellations with asterisks (*) — our selections have a record for providing quality, consistency and good values.
- Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; trademark features of grapes and denominations are front and center.
Publication date : August 2014 (version 1.1)
Length : 120 pages
Also available: On-the-go wine information available through our highly rated wine app for the iPhone and iPad. Download on iTunes today!