Detailed profiles of regions, appellations and grape varieties
The breadth and depth of Australia’s wine landscape is simply astonishing. Wine production is spread out across six massive regions that run along the southern edge of the country, each with myriad terroirs that serve to give their wines singular expressions. This Approach Guide is designed as a quick-reference resource for wine enthusiasts seeking to understand what makes these wines unique and make informed choices.
What’s in this guidebook
- Grape varieties. We describe Australia’s primary red and white grape varieties. For each grape, we touch on its unique character in Australia and the areas in which it reaches its highest expression.
- Vintage ratings. Our straightforward vintage ratings table affords high-level insight into the best and most challenging years for wine production in Australia.
- A region-by-region review. Our detailed profiles of Australia’s wine-producing regions — New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and Western Australia — reveal the prevailing terroir, the types of wine produced, and what makes them distinctive.
- Recommendations. To help in your selection process, we have marked our favorite grape varieties and regions with asterisks (*) — look for this indication as a sign of quality, consistency and good value.
- A distinctive approach. This guidebook’s approach is unique: rather than tell you what specific bottle of wine to order by providing individual bottle reviews, it gives you the information you require to make informed wine choices on any list.
- Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; trademark features of grapes and denominations are front and center.
Primary Red Grape Varieties
Primary White Grape Varieties
Australia’s Wine Regions
New South Wales
* South Australia
* Western Australia
The World’s Other Wine Regions
About Approach Guides
- Format: ebook (.mobi for Kindle; .epub for all other devices)
- ISBN: 9781936614356
- Approximate pages: 41
- Published: 2012
- Version number: 1