Detailed profiles of regions, appellations and grape varieties
Wine guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides take an in-depth look at a wine region’s grapes, appellations and vintages to help you discover wines that meet your preferences.
The wines of South America continue to garner global recognition, fueled by ongoing quality improvements and continued attractive price points. As part of our series dedicated to South America, we take a comprehensive look at the wines of Chile. This Approach Guide is designed as a quick-reference resource for wine enthusiasts seeking to understand what makes Chile’s wines unique and make informed choices.
What’s in this guidebook
- Grape varieties. We describe Chile’s primary red and white grape varieties, from the country’s signatures cabernet sauvignon and carmenère to rising stars sauvignon blanc and syrah. For each grape, we touch on its unique character in Chile and the areas in which it reaches its highest expression.
- Vintage ratings. Our straightforward vintage ratings table affords high-level insight into the best and most challenging years for wine production in Chile.
- A region-by-region review. We provide detailed profiles of Chile’s wine-producing regions, covering the prevailing terroir, the types of wine produced, and what makes them distinctive.
- Recommendations. To help in your selection process, we have marked our favorite grape varieties and regions with asterisks (*) — look for this indication as a sign of quality, consistency and good value.
- A distinctive approach. This guidebook’s approach is unique: rather than tell you what specific bottle of wine to order by providing individual bottle reviews, it gives you the information you require to make informed wine choices on any list.
- Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; trademark features of grapes and denominations are front and center.
This Approach Guide was produced in conjunction with Wines of Chile.
Primary Grape Varieties
Map of Winegrowing Regions
Aconcagua Valley *
Casablanca Valley *
Colchagua Valley *
Maipo Valley *
San Antonio Valley *
Bío Bío Valley *
About Approach Guides
- Format: ebook (.mobi for Kindle; .epub for all other devices)
- ISBN: 9781936614363
- Approximate pages: 67
- Published: 2012
- Version number: 1.0