Italian Food Guide – Screenshots
Regional Foods of Italy – Guidebook Description
Food guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides take an in-depth look at a destination’s local cuisine to help you understand its food culture, navigate menus and discover regional specialties.
Italy offers an unrivaled culinary experience. With a food landscape that changes from region to region, there is always something you have not tried. But the really special thing is when you taste an old favorite that redefines how you think about it from then on: osso bucco from Lombardia, prosciutto di Parma from Emilia-Romagna, mozzarella di bufala from Campania, or even something as everyday as coffee in Friuli-Venezia Giulia. It is your to discover.
What’s in this guidebook
- A region-by-region review. This Approach Guide provides a high-level review of each of Italy’s regions, giving you detailed information on local specialties across all courses: antipasti, primi, secondi and dolci.
- Food culture. Italy takes its food seriously and this guidebook helps you navigate the landscape, covering topics such as when not to order a cappuccino and how much to tip.
- Italian food basics. To acquaint you with the basics of Italian cuisine, this guidebook offers detailed profiles of Italian salumi and pasta types, as well as a comprehensive Italian-to-English glossary of food-related terms.
- Recommendations. To help in your selection process, we point out not-to-be-missed local specialties.
- Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; and the most important information is front and center.
What our customers are saying
Our Italian Food Guide has received an overwhelmingly positive response from our readers. Take a look at our latest reviews on Amazon.
Choose your next bottle with Approach Guides’ iPhone & iPad App. We offer insightful profiles of regions, appellations, grape varieties, and vintages, helping you navigate any wine list or shop with ease .
Best of all, the app never requires an internet connection (all of the information is resident in the app), so you never have to worry about expensive data roaming charges.