Richly detailed with powerful images
Sushi & Sake: About this Guidebook
This Approach Guide was designed to serve as a valuable on-the-go resource for all of your sushi and sake experiences at home and abroad.
What’s in this guidebook
- Quick reference sushi list. We describe the basic types of sushi and offer a quick reference list of over 65 of the most frequently encountered menu items, from ahi (yellowfin tuna) to warasa (wild yellowtail), each with a detailed description.
- Tuna primer. To help with your most important sushi choice of all, we profile the five primary tuna species and the basic sushi cuts (akami, chutoro and otoro).
- Japan tips. We provide the basics on sushi protocol in Japan. Further, for Tokyo-bound travelers, we include tips and a map for touring its world-famous Tsukiji fish market.
- A sake guide. Finally, as no sushi meal is complete without its perfect accompaniment, we have also included a guide to Japanese sake that will help you make more informed choices.
- Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation on your mobile device; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; and links are provided to the best online resources.
Types of Sushi
A Quick Reference List
Sushi in Japan
Sushi Restaurant Protocol
Touring Tokyo’s Tsukiji Fish Market
Types of Premium Sake
A Sake Label
About Approach Guides
- Format: ebook (.mobi for Kindle; .epub for all other devices)
- ISBN: 9781936614462
- Approximate pages: 46
- Published: 2013
- Version number: 2