Travel Guidebooks for the Ultra Curious
“Whoever travels without a guide needs two hundred years for a two day journey.” -Jalaluddin Rumi
Travel guidebooks for the ultra curious, Approach Guides reveal a destination’s essence by exploring a compelling aspect of its cultural heritage: art, architecture, history, food, or wine. Tapping into themes such as the mosaics of Sicily, the temples of South India or cast iron architecture in downtown NYC, Approach Guides enables travelers to engage more deeply with the world’s top cultural sites. Approach Guides are currently available for over 30 destinations worldwide.
- 100% focus on cultural sites. Approach Guides are 100% focused on providing a deep dive on your destination’s best cultural sites and experiences.
- 100% digital. Paper’s great, but digital is better for travel. Download a guidebook and put it on all of your mobile devices. All guidebooks are available on Amazon and Apple iBookstore for your Android, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, Kobo, or Nook.
- More interactive and visually-oriented. High-resolution images — maps, photos, floorplans, and illustrations — employ color-coding that brings key architectural and artistic elements to life by making them easier to identify.
- Organized to make understanding easy. Featuring bullet points and super-quick navigation, Approach Guides make finding and digesting information quicker and easier.
- Free updates. All guidebooks are marked with version numbers; when we update a guidebook, existing customers can simply download the update for free from Amazon and Apple.
Meet the Founders
Jennifer brings over 10 years of internet and digital marketing experience to Approach Guides. Prior to founding Approach Guides Jennifer held senior marketing positions with companies such as Borderfree, Livebookings, LivePerson, and United Way. Jennifer holds a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Maryland.
David brings his writing and research expertise to build and oversee the guides’ historical-cultural-artistic framework. Prior to starting Approach Guides, David worked for ten years as a sell-side equity research analyst covering technology for Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, Montgomery Securities, and Schroders. He received his B.A. with honors from Harvard, with a concentration in Government (International Relations).
Got a question or interested in learning more about Approach Guides? Send us an email.