Approach Guides, LLC considers your privacy important. We are committed to protecting the privacy of all those who provide us with their contact information while using our information, products, events, or services. This policy describes the ways that personally identifiable and anonymous information about our users is collected, how that information might be shared, and how someone can request changes to the way their personal information is used or shared.
This privacy statement applies to websites and mobile applications operated by or on behalf of Approach Guides, LLC (“Company”).
1. Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect information when you interact with the Website, for example when you subscribe to newsletters, provide comments on our blog, participate in sweepstakes, contests or games, purchase merchandise etc.
See below for more details about what type of information we may collect from you during those interactions.
1.1 Personal Information You Provide To Us
You may choose to provide personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number or email address) through the Website. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, you may not be able to access some of the services offered on the Website (e.g. subscribe to newsletters, enter sweepstakes or contests, download products, etc.).
Our goal is to collect and use only that information that we think is required for our legitimate business interests, in order to better understand your interests and to improve your experience of using this Website. In order to do so, we may collect and use your personal information in the following ways:
Newsletters and Other Communications
On the Website, you may sign up to receive newsletters and other communications about our services and promotions and/or those of third parties. To sign up, we may ask you for your contact details (such as your name and email address). This information is used by us to send you the communications you request.
Details of how you can opt-out of receiving any communications from us are detailed in the section headed “Your Rights” below.
If you communicate with us through the “Contact Us” link on the Website, we may ask you for your contact details, such as your name, email address and telephone number so we can respond to your questions and comments. You may also choose to provide additional information as well.
Contests, Sweepstakes and Other Promotions
We may occasionally conduct contests, sweepstakes and other promotions either ourselves or via third parties. If you choose to enter, we may ask you for your contact details such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number for the purpose of conducting these promotions.
Blogs and Other User Forum
Personal information posted to blogs and other user forums becomes public information. Please use caution when using these features of our Website.
You may be able to take part in certain activities on the Website that give you the opportunity to communicate or share information not just with us, but also with other users of this Website.
The contents of any such private online communications may be accessed and disclosed (i) in response to a legal requirement such as a court order; (ii) when we are required to disclose the information in response to such a legal requirement; (iii) where we have a good faith belief that the Website is being used in the commission of a crime; (iv) where we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency which poses a threat to the safety of you or another person; and (v) when necessary either to protect our rights (including to enforce our terms of service) or for us to provider the service you have requested.
Other Website Features
We offer Website visitors various features for their enjoyment, which we may change from time to time. We may ask you to submit certain personal information so we can provide you with these features where this is the case we will provide more detailed information about what information you need to provide and will explain how we will use it.
We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the sites visited by their children. At various places on the Website or when providing other services, we may ask users for their age. By using the Website or our services you agree to respond truthfully and accurately about your age. We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13.
Social media plug-ins
Social media plug-ins of social networks are integrated on our Website. Where our sites contain a plug-in to a social network, these are clearly marked. If you chose to click on one of these buttons or links, your browser connects directly to the servers of the relevant social network. The social network directly transmits the content of the plugin to your browser. If you are registered on the relevant social network and logged into your respective account the social network receives the information that the web page was used by you. If you interact with a social network plug-in or drop a comment on the appropriate web page, the corresponding information is directly transmitted to the relevant social network from your browser. If you are not registered with the social network or you are logged out before you visit our Website, there is the possibility that at least your IP address will be submitted to and stored by the social network. If you interact with us through a social media platform, plug-in etc. then you may be permitting us to have on-going access to some limited information from your social network profile (such as name, email address, photo, gender, location, the people/sites you follow etc.).
Protecting our Rights
In general, we collect, store and use your information to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience on the Website. However, sometimes we need to collect and use your personal information to enable us to:
- provide technical support;
- posting public comments to other users’ profiles;
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including copyright infringement); or
- enforce our terms of service.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit this site, we automatically collect certain personal information, that we then aggregate so that it is not linked to a single, identifiable individual. This information provides us with statistics such as how many users visit the Website and which pages were accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor this site to our visitors. We may also enter into arrangements with outside companies that possess technology that allows us to customise the advertising and marketing messages you receive on this Website. To learn more about those companies and how you can opt-out of targeted advertising on this site, please click on the Ad Choices icon at the bottom of each page. Please note that rejecting these cookies does not mean that you will no longer see adverts when you visit the site. Without these cookies the online adverts you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
We may also collect password information from you when you log in (if applicable), as well as computer and/or connection information. During some visits we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
We may also use anonymous data in aggregate form for purposes of research or analysis. In order to better understand and serve our customers, we may conduct research based on customer demographics, interests and behaviours. Although this aggregated data may be based in part on personal information it does not identify any users personally. We may share this type of anonymous data with third parties, including our affiliates, agents, service providers and current and prospective business partners to administer the Website and for advertising, promotional and other business purposes.
A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
2. Where Your Personal Information Will Be Used
This Website is operated from the United States. However, as a global company, Approach Guides may from time to time transfer your personal information to other countries and make it accessible by any of our affiliate entities and third party service providers internationally. Where the transfer of information is to a country which does not provide an adequate level of information protection, Approach Guides has taken steps to ensure that your personal information receives an appropriate level of information protection. By using this Website and providing your personal information to us you understand and agree that your personal information may be sent to other countries.
3. How We Share Personal Information
On occasion we would like to share your information with carefully selected companies who may contact you with information which may be of interest to you. Where this is the case you will be offered the opportunity to accept or reject your information being shared with such companies, at the point of data collection.
If you provide information on a co-branded site or while using a co-branded service, you grant us permission to share the information you have provided with that service or site partner. Their use of your information is subject to their privacy policies.
We may also share your personal information with service providers we have retained to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf, such as hosting websites, maintaining databases, administering contests and sweepstakes, providing technology services, and processing payments. These parties are provided only with the personal information they need to perform their functions and can only use and disclose such personal information as is necessary to perform the services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We have taken steps to ensure that any such third party service providers will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information as we would.
We reserve the right to transfer your personal information in the event we sell or transfer all or a part of our business or assets. If you do not want your personal information to be processed following such a transfer, you should contact the subsequent owner of the business. You will of course be informed of any such sale or transfer.
4. Links to Other Sites
5. How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for this Website to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this Website. Unfortunately, no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us using the contact details below.
6. Your Rights
We provide Website visitors with access to personal information they provide through this Website and the ability to review, update and correct it as and when necessary. Such requests may be subject to a small fee. To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID (if applicable), and possibly photo ID before granting access to your personal information.
If you have previously provided personal information to this Website to subscribe to one or more email newsletters or are receiving emails or other communications from this Website and you do not want to receive such emails, please discontinue your subscriptions by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any message, or the other means provided to unsubscribe, or using the contact details below.
7. Applicable Law
This Website is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Please note that we do not represent or warrant that this Website is appropriate for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access this Website do so at their own initiative and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
8. Updates to Our Privacy Notice.
9. Notice to California Residents
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which this Website has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us by email at email@example.com by mail at 56 Lispenard St., New York, NY 10013, Attn: Approach Guides Legal Affairs
For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
10. Mobile Apps
Where you download a Mobile App from Approach Guides, the following terms in addition to specific terms that are included in the Mobile App the following also applies:
- What information does the Mobile App obtain and how is it used?
- This will depend on the particular Mobile App but may include the following:
- Automatically Collected Information: We may collect information about the device you may use to download or stream a copy of the Mobile App onto your device, including, where available, the device’s unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the device’s telephone number, length of time in the Mobile App, other information about links clicked (if applicable) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. For more information about information we share with advertisers see below. We may associate device information with information you submit and will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
- Location information: when you use one of our location-enabled services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of these Services require your location information for the feature to work.
- Log information: when you use the Mobile App or view content on our websites we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, device information, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps.
- Unique Mobile App numbers: when you install or uninstall a Mobile App containing a unique Mobile App number or when such a service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
- User Provided Information: When you register with us and use the Mobile App, you generally provide (a) your name, email address, age, user name, password and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use Mobile Apps from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help, and; (d) information you enter into our system when using the Mobile App, such as contact information and project management information. We may also use the information you provided us to contact your from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
- Do Mobile Apps collect precise real time location information of the device?
- This depends on the particular Mobile App you download. Where a Mobile App does collect precise information about the location of your device, it will be used to provide requested location services, and, depending on the particular Mobile App it may be used, amongst other uses to allow tagging or to check-in. Please see inside the Mobile App for information about how to opt out of providing location information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do we share your information with third parties?
- We may share your information with third parties in the ways that are described in this privacy statement subject to any applicable legal restrictions:
- We may disclose information collected via our Mobile Apps in the following circumstances:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights;
- to protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- to our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement; and
- if Approach Guides is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets
- to advertisers and third party advertising networks and analytics companies as described below under the Section entitled Automatic Data Collection and Advertising.
- Automatic Data Collection and Advertising
- Some Mobile Apps may be supported via advertising, and collect data to help the Mobile App serve ads. We may work with analytics companies to help us understand how the Mobile App is being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. We may work with advertisers and third party advertising networks, who need to know how you interact with advertising provided in the Mobile App which helps us keep the cost of Mobile Apps low or free.
- What are my opt-out rights?
- There are multiple opt-out options for users of Mobile Apps:
- Opt-out of all further information collection by uninstalling the Mobile App – You can stop all collection of information by the Mobile App easily by uninstalling the Mobile App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the Mobile App marketplace or network;
- See inside the Mobile App or contact email@example.com for information about how to opt-out from the use of information to serve targeted advertising by advertisers and/or third party network advertisers; and
- See inside the Mobile App or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to opt-out from allowing us to have further access to your location data.
- Data Retention Policy, Managing and Accessing, Correcting Your Information
- We will retain User Provided Information for as long as you use the Mobile App and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Information that you have provided via the Mobile App, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Information may be required in order for the Mobile App to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
- Where required by law we will provide access to or the opportunity to correct the personal information we collect about you – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- We do not use the Mobile App to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
- We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Mobile App. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
- Your Consent
- By using the Mobile App and providing information to us, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the US.
- Contact us – If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Mobile App, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.